“The appearance of things changes according to the emotions, and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves” – KAHLIL GIBRAN
How often do you really think about all the things that you have in your life? Everything that is going well. All the positive things you get to experience everyday. All the people that support you. How often do you say THANK YOU?
💥Why is gratitude so important?💥
• Gratitude helps us to sleep better – practicing gratitude just before bed may assist in creating a solid sleeping routine and improving sleep quality.
• Gratitude reminds us to slow down.
• Gratitude makes us less negative.
• Gratitude may improve relationships – practicing gratitude makes us want to acknowledge and appreciate people more.
• Gratitude reminds us to focus on what we do have, instead of what we don’t. And to therefore stop comparing ourselves to other people.
• Gratitude improves mental health – it gives you the mental strength to tackle each day. It makes you more calm, more positive and less frustrated and anxious. An instant mood booster indeed.
• Practicing gratitude helps to reduce stress.
• Gratitude improves physical health – when we feel better, we do better. So we are more likely to make healthy lifestyle choices, such as eating healthy and moving our bodies.
• Gratitude reduces feelings of anger.
• Gratitude gives us hope.
• Gratitude makes us better people – it creates more empathy, understanding and sensitivity towards other people.
How I started to incorporate gratitude into my daily life?
For those of you that enjoy writing down your thoughts, use a little notebook/journal/diary📔 and spend just 10 minutes a day to write down 3 things that you are grateful for, no matter how big or small. For the rest of you, spend 10 minutes, sitting in silence and keep a mental diary💭 of the things you are grateful for. It is such an easy practice to make part of your daily intentions that can easily become a healthy habit. How and where can you start incorporating gratitude into your day?